Electricity System Operator EAD
Assigned: 2015 / Completed: 2016
220/110/20 kV Substation Pleven-1 is situated in the town of Pleven, Bulgaria. Reconstruction of 220 kV Switchyard has become necessary due to alternation of the primary diagram, enlargement of the 220 kV Switchyard, and substitution of the 220 kV primary equipment.
Since this is a turnkey Project, its execution is performed in three separate phases:
- Design phase - including elaboration of concept design and detailed design
- Supply phase - including supply of materials and equipment
- Construction phase - including construction, electrical installation and commissioning.
- During implementation of the Project EL KONTROL is a party in the Consortium Elcorect-Union-2012 DZZD.
1. Primary commutation
- Dismantle of 220 kV equipment: disconnectors, transformers, surge arresters, control panels
- Dismantle of steel structures and pipes
- Delivery of disconnectors, support insulators
- Installation of 220 kV equipment: circuit breakers, disconnectors, measuring transformers, surge arresters, support insulators, insulator chains, condensers, coils
- Laying and connection of power cables
- Installation of distribution busbar system and three-phased branch connection links
- Installation of pipes and steel structures in the Switchyard and the Switchgear
2. Construction of grounding and lightning installation
3. Construction of lighting installation: operational, guard, and emergency lighting
4. Construction works: construction of steel-lattice portals, concrete tables for electrical equipment, foundations, cable trenches, and pipe system
5. Rehabilitation of existing roads and approaches, construction of new ones
6. Vertical planning and drainage system
7. Dismantle of existing fence and construction of a new one
8. Secondary commutation:
- Manufacturing and installation of control panels
- Manufacturing and installation of relay panels, set-up of relay protection
- Manufacturing and installation of electricity metering panel
- Manufacturing and installation of auxiliary panel
- Laying and connection of control cables
9. Automation system for dispatcher control
10. Commissioning works.